Step into another dimension and experience the best contemporary jazz in Maine.
- For all shows: doors open at 7:00 pm, shows start at 7:30 pm.
- Tickets: $5 students, $15 Seniors, $20 in advance, $25 at the door.
- Shows at the Conservatory or other venues as scheduled
- Join the Jazz List for updates on all DIJ happenings
- Support the continuing success of Dimensions in Jazz by purchasing Jazz Shares
Paul Lichter, Dimensions in Jazz Artistic Director
Artistic Director of PCM’s Dimensions in Jazz Series, has been presenting cutting edge jazz and improvising artists to Maine audiences for over 30 years and, through his 20 plus years as lecturer and administrator at the Maine Jazz Camp, has been instrumental in exposing student musicians from all over Maine and beyond to the richness of America’s most singular art form.
Founder and club owner of Portland’s famed jazz club Cafe No from 1988 to 1995, Paul is Portland’s own jazz impresario. The now legendary nightclub had a great jazz atmosphere and hosted well-known groups like the Boston-based jazz trio The Frindge and trumpeter Dave Ballou.
When the club closed, Paul started DIJ and eventually teamed up with the Conservatory to offer area jazz fans a chance to hear some of the best local, national and international jazz performers.